Monday 15 September 2008

People : 15th September (en)

French President Nicolas Sarkozy's ex-wife Cecilia 'betrayed' by friends. Henry Samuel, The Telegraph (en)
"... But in her Tribune interview, the new Mrs Attias shook all of this vitriol off as journalistic hyperbole. "With my divorce, people latched onto me like a hunted animal and it was hell. Eighty per cent of what was written about me was false", she said, before adding magnanimously, "they also put a lot of false words into my ex-husband's mouth".
She said she had not been prepared for the media frenzy that top flight politics brings. "Doubtless I didn't think enough about it, I didn't see that I was putting my finger in an unstoppable machine" ... "

Paris Notebook: Carla's 'sales' hit by sound of silence. John Lichfield, The Independent (en)
" ... Carla Bruni-Sarkozy appeared on France's favourite Sunday afternoon chat-show last week.
An estimated three million viewers tuned in. When Bernadette Chirac appeared on the same television show in February last year, she had an audience of 6,500,000.
Lesson: Bernadette Chirac should make an album, or even a record ..."

No comments: